Congrats to Ameena for winning a raffle to be Ministry of Defense’s first AotC carry this season! Enter the raffle currently on our Discord to win your AotC!
There will be a timewalking run of Black Temple this Saturday night, after the weekly heroic Ny’alotha raid is over, starting at about 8:30PM EST. You will need to be in the Discord raiding voice channel and be at least 430 ilvl to join in.
Over the past week we made some changes to the officer core for Ministry of Defense. Please help me welcome the following people who will be helping in the following areas:
Tiraffe has joined us as a Warlord (Raid Lead)
Gary (names you can’t pronounce) has joined the MoD officer core and will be helping with crafting and guild bank maintenance
Rip has joined the officer core and is organizer of the Sunday afternoon mythic keystone event
Also, a special thank you to @Vellitha who was also promoted to the Praetor rank.
Stepping into the Arena: Getting Gladiator, Attaining Heaven and The Road to 2400CR
Hey guys, Tiraffe here. I’m back with another PVP guide. Note that this will be more of a living document as we approach Shadowlands.
This time, I’m gonna talk about how to reach and keep the elusive goal of Gladiator in rated arenas.
Congratulations to the mythic raid team for getting past a difficult mechanics check!
Congrats to the Weekend Heroic Raid Team for clearing heroic Ny’Alotha these past two weekends in only 3 hours each night!
Also, don’t forget that Quetzie is still fundraising for a COVID-19 charity on her twitch stream. Check it out!
Hey guys, Tiraffe here with a brief guide regarding corruption, corrupted gear and how to take advantage of it in 8.3 PvP, now that a bunch of tuning regarding corruption has recently passed (and hopefully I don’t have to update this). This will be in regards to all matter of PvP, but a good chunk of the analysis be in regards to arenas.
I (Quetzie) will be streaming our first guild attempts at Ny’alotha tonight and tomorrow night (and generally speaking, every thursday / friday raid slot). Raids start at 8pm EST.
If you want to see the raid, or see how we’re working out the fights, tune in!
Hey guys, Tiraffe here with part 2 of my rated PVP guide. If you haven’t read intro guide to rated pvp, it’s recommended, but not necessary. This will cover more of the advanced concepts for higher rated PVP matches. (Think 1600-1800+cr). They’re still useful for all kinds of rated PVP, so feel free to keep reading.
List of WoW PVP terms:
General PVP goals/requirements:
- Combatant: Requires reaching 1400 in a rated bracket (2’s, 3’s or RBGs)
- This is also the minimum rating needed to start progress towards the season’s pvp mount, which shows as a progress bar on the rated PVP tab in group finder
- Hitting 1400 also means you can start getting gear around the same ilvl as normal raids from the weekly PVP chest. Increasing your rating beyond that will increase the ilvl when you hit the next bracket of rated pvp
- Rank 2 Conflict & Strife : Requires reaching 1000 in a rated bracket and then looting the essence from the weekly PVP chest. This also means you can skip getting the Rank 1 if you have been ignoring the weekly conquest cap.
- Rank 3 Conflict & Strife: Requires collecting 15 Battlefield Furor. More info about how long it takes to get rank 3 can be found at: https://www.wowhead.com/item=169590/burgeoning-battlefield-furor#comments
- In addition, those seeking the Elite PVP tmogs can get specific parts of the tmog at different rating brackets that can be found at:
Table of Contents
- The Opener and Momentum
- The Line-of-Sight and Connecting to Your Target
- Going for a Drink
- The Arena Itself (Which Arenas Favor What)
- Pugging and Communication
- Arena Addons/Macros
- The Meta
This will cover most of the actual action within a single match, rather than most of the set-up seen earlier.