Hey guys, Tiraffe here with part 2 of my rated PVP guide. If you haven’t read intro guide to rated pvp, it’s recommended, but not necessary. This will cover more of the advanced concepts for higher rated PVP matches. (Think 1600-1800+cr). They’re still useful for all kinds of rated PVP, so feel free to keep reading.
List of WoW PVP terms:
General PVP goals/requirements:
- Combatant: Requires reaching 1400 in a rated bracket (2’s, 3’s or RBGs)
- This is also the minimum rating needed to start progress towards the season’s pvp mount, which shows as a progress bar on the rated PVP tab in group finder
- Hitting 1400 also means you can start getting gear around the same ilvl as normal raids from the weekly PVP chest. Increasing your rating beyond that will increase the ilvl when you hit the next bracket of rated pvp
- Rank 2 Conflict & Strife : Requires reaching 1000 in a rated bracket and then looting the essence from the weekly PVP chest. This also means you can skip getting the Rank 1 if you have been ignoring the weekly conquest cap.
- Rank 3 Conflict & Strife: Requires collecting 15 Battlefield Furor. More info about how long it takes to get rank 3 can be found at: https://www.wowhead.com/item=169590/burgeoning-battlefield-furor#comments
- In addition, those seeking the Elite PVP tmogs can get specific parts of the tmog at different rating brackets that can be found at:
Table of Contents
- The Opener and Momentum
- The Line-of-Sight and Connecting to Your Target
- Going for a Drink
- The Arena Itself (Which Arenas Favor What)
- Pugging and Communication
- Arena Addons/Macros
- The Meta
This will cover most of the actual action within a single match, rather than most of the set-up seen earlier.