In our little shindig last night, we went over some of the rules and opened everything up for discussion. As we still have many more weeks before season 3 starts, we still have plenty more time to continue to revise and revisit so that everything works for everyone that plans on participating. Make sure you read until the bottom, as it will contain anything that was also spoken on a bit.
Meet our Leaders!
- Head of guild PvP.
- Second in command for PvP. Does things sometimes.
- PvP Fun Day Captain!
What do we do?
- For short, we PvP!
- We have done Tol Barad, For The Horde, Gurubashi arena events for prizes, as well as just making raid groups to run other forms of world PvP and be the bane of the alliance!
- We currently have a funday being ran on Sundays, which includes things like random BGs, weekly brawls, and more fun stuff! This is for the people that want to just PvP casually.
- We hope to have a lot of success in rated PvP and wargames this season!
- One thing that is very detrimental (and will be the most policed part of this) will be conduct. Anyone who is being toxic, rude, or unpleasant will not be allowed to attend future events with us. This goes for casual events, rated battlegrounds, and our more organized events.
- Consequences will be on a case-by-case basis.
- If it is a minor offense, you will be given one warning. Nothing more. If the actions or behavior continue, you will not be allowed to continue coming to events.
- More serious actions will be determined as needed.
- The PvP community is known for being very toxic. We are not wanting this branch of our guild to be like this. This is a FOR FUN branch, which will have some aspects of competition.
- If (and when) we have to PUG a role, you will be expected to treat them with the same courtesy as you would a guild member.
- It’s no fun when people are assholes.
Gladiator (Guild Promotions)
- This will give you 800g for daily repairs, as well as increased bank access.
- The promotion will be given to people who actively attend guild PvP events.
- If you decide to become part of the Rated team, you will be responsible for attending the rated date set.
- If you cannot attend, let us know ahead of time!
- If you do not want to be on the rated team, you can still get this promotion through Funday!
- If you do not show up for a week of events with no contact made to anyone, you will lose your status.
- You can always gain it back
- Sunday: 12pm server/3pm Eastern
- Wednesday: 6pm server / 9pm Eastern
- Saturday: 8pm sever/ 11pm Eastern
*As mentioned in the beginning, this is still up for debate and decision. Let us know what works and doesn't work for you! Though there are no immediate plans to start running until 8.2s release, let me know if you think it would start sooner so we can get a little practice in before the season starts!
- You MUST confirm your role(s) and that you have read the rules and regulations with Lunzzul/Judaspriest on Discord 24 hours before a rated time slot.
- Lunzzul must have the following information:
- Mic for Discord?
- Are you able to participate each Wednesday at 5pm server time?
- Do you have more than one role that you can play?
- If you aren’t immediately eligible, don’t worry! We will still set a time aside that week to get you some more experience, gear, whatever you need!
- To be invited, you must be signed up ON THE IN-GAME CALENDAR at least one day before RBGs (the Monday before).*
- This helps us by seeing what roles we will have on a day by day basis and what we will need to PUG.
- Be in Discord 15 minutes before RBGs begin.
*Look, I know no one likes to use the in-game calendar. I get it. But, everyone confirming their spots beforehand takes a lot of guessing and strain off of me. Obviously, I would like to ASSUME that everyone will be present and eager every night, but that's not entirely realistic. It just gives a quick little confirmation that you're for sure going to be there.
- Item level requirement will be set at 395.*
- As ratings increase and such, you will be expected to eventually become more geared.
- Gems and enchants will be required.
*Required iLvL does not have to be exactly 395. As long as you are current with the patch and everyone else and you know what you're doing, it's okay if you're a bit low!
Discord and Add ons
- Discord will be required.
- If you do not have a mic or do not want to talk, there is a chance you won’t be able to participate. We cannot have a team full of people who won’t make call outs when necessary.
- There CANNOT be any extra chatter during a match.
- If it happens, you will be given one warning to cut it. If you don’t, you will be benched
- Required Addon List*
- Reporter: A detailed battleground map that shows where all of your teammates are, as well as capping times, enemy flag carrier, ect.
- BattleGroundEnemies: Shows all of the enemy team’s buffs, debuffs, health, ect. It helps with target calling and quick targetting. Only the Enemy half will be required, but the Ally side is also helpful.
- Please look at the Helpful Resources page for more add on suggestions.
*Please make sure you have them. We can tell if you don't. ;)
- Roles will be partially determined on who we know will perform well in said role. It will also be determined on who we have night to night.
- Because there is a limited number of roles, I encourage everyone to have multiple roles available to ensure you have a spot.*
- If we have to rotate people, it will be on a week-by-week, first come-first serve basis.
- Flag Carrier
- Most of the time is not needed, but it is nice to have. Someone with high mobility and high sustainability will hold this role.
- We will always have 3. Some maps require 4 healers, so we encourage an extra healer that has a strong DPS offspec.
- Self explanatory. Can kill things. But at the same time, people in these roles must listen to call outs from the leads or the target caller.
- There needs to be a good balance of melee and range. The goal is to have three melee and three range in each battleground.
- Target Caller
- They will be calling who the team needs to zerg. The person assigned to this role will depend on the comp we have each night.
If you do not currently have another class or spec that you don't play, but you would like to make sure that you can have a spot each night, let me know! The more guildies that we have to fill each role, the better it is for us to grow and learn together (and we don't have to waste time pugging!)
Other Things Covered
- “Can we start doing the weekly bonus objectives? Like the Call to Arms, ect”
- I would love to! But, as busy of a schedule as the guild has, it wouldn’t be entirely realistic right now. Maybe in the future? But, remember that you can always start running your own events too! Speak with any officer.
- Does anyone remember when we were looking for a Warbringer to specifically help run RBGs? Well, we never found one. If you would like to help out with it, message me (Lunzzul) anytime on Discord or in game.
- You would be helping build comps, assigning roles, calling strats, running the actual battlegrounds, and any other fun things that you think would be helpful and beneficial to everyone’s success.
If you are worried about not having a spot in the rated teams, you can always create a new toon and the Gladiators and PvP leaders will happily help you level and gear for rateds.
Never be afraid to tell us something. We don’t bite (hard.) We cannot know something if you don’t let us know!
Thank you to everyone who came and chatted with us briefly last night. If you missed it and have any additional questions, ask away!
We want to make our rated team(s) the best that they can be. My Discord is Lunzzul/Judspriest#7740 for confirmation of the rules and roles, as well as any questions you may have about anything that isn’t clearly stated above. To fully confirm you have read the rules thoroughly, send me “toxic love muffic” along with your role information. I hope to see everyone on the battlefield, and let’s kick some ass!