We’re having a bit of fun this Hallow’s End! From now until midnight on October 27th, submit screenshots of your character in costumes according to theme! At the end of the submission period, we’ll hold a public vote on this page all throughout Hallow’s End. On November 1st, we’ll reveal who the winners of each category are, and who will walk away with the top prizes!
Browse each category below to see what each theme is, and then scroll down to read the full contest rules (there’s a button to expand them).
How to Submit
If you’re submitting more than one image, uploading to a site like imgur and then sending us a gallery via DIscord PM is very helpful. Example: Bulborbish’s submissions from last year.
Otherwise, you can simply message either Urostek or Quetzie in Discord with your in-game name and theme for each photo as in the below rules.
Pull out all the stops and show us the costume you think will impress us most!
Scar us with the ugliest, mish-mashiest, or gaudiest transmog you can come up with.
Use one of the guild tabards available at the vendor and rep MoD in style!
Killer Queens and Kings of Pain – show off your Opulence crown and regal attire!
Whether you rally behind Saurfang or Sylvanas, it’s Lok’tar Ogar all around!
Your assignment: go undercover in Stormwind. How well could you blend in?
BEST IN SHOW and THE UROSTEK will have in-store mount prizes.
GUILD PRIDE and OPTIMUM OPULENCE will have in-store pet prizes
HORDE PRIDE and ALLIANCE SPIES will have TBD prizes
For all entries:
- ANYONE from Aerie Peak may enter! MoD members may use off-server alts 🙂
- One character per person per category. (Alts are allowed cross-category – if I use Quetzie in The Urostek, I can use Incogtreeto in Horde Pride, but not both in both)
- You can submit in as many categories as you like.
- No toys, cosmetics, etc. This is a transmog contest! Please do not ‘accessorize’ with extras, or your submission will not be accepted.
- No druid forms, metamorphosis, shadowform, or any other class abilities that change your appearance.
- Please submit a clear screenshot of your entire character. Must show both feet and head (not waist up). Try to be relatively well-lit. A good example would be loading screen screenshots.
- You only need to submit a picture from the front. You may use in-game action poses, but remember that some may hide your outfit or cause ugly clipping! Emote at your own risk!
- You may submit a photo of the back, but you do not have to.
- You can use the key combination alt+z to hide your UI.
- You need to hide your name floating above your head before taking your photo (menu -> interface -> names -> my name (check on or off))
- Must be an in-game screenshot. Wowhead dressing room etc will not count.
- If you are having difficulties, you can have someone else take a screenshot of your character to assist you.
- Include character name and the category you’re entering with each photo submission.
- You do NOT have to show all slots (IE, you may hide cape or shoulders).
- Entries submitted after 11:59PM PST / 2:59 EST on October 27th will not be included.
- Voting ends on November 1st at 1:00PM PST / 4:00PM EST. Winners will be announced in-game and in discord before raid time on November 1st.
- Best in Show
- You do not have to come up with a separate transmog for Best in Show. For example, if you think your Opulence or Horde transmogs are your best, just let us know and we’ll include them in both categories!
- Guild Pride
- You MUST use one of the guild tabards available at the vendor. You don’t have to use one of the cloaks.
- Optimum Opulence
- You MUST use a crown from the Battle of Dazar’alor Opulence raid boss. Other in-game crowns do not count.
- Alliance Spies
- Your goal is to dress like an Alliance character, but remember that you can’t use toys, mounts, etc to help.